Skip to main content

Travel Update - Nashville Tennessee

My sister and I spent a few days in Nashville.  I was not impressed at all.  Too much traffic, too much tourism, too many people but I did enjoy the historic cemetery and wandering around the downtown in the evening.  The night time stroll was a cacophony of bad and good music, people chattering, and traffic.   It was great people watching.

Pictures of Nashville's historic cemetery....






























































Popular posts from this blog

Travelling Words

Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler’s heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.Sonder (v.): the realization that each random passer-by is living a life as vivid and complex as your own.Solivagant (adj.): wandering alone; (n.) a solitary wanderer.Wanderlust (n.): a strong, innate, impulse or desire to travel the world...Fernweh (n.): “distance-sickness”Coddiwomple (v.): to travel in a purposeful manner towards a vague destination.

I Am Grumpy and Mean... Leave Me Alone

I have landed in Atlanta and managed to get through the city without to many profanities.

Before I left I was thrilled beyond words to receive Mark Grist's book of poetry plus I found the book "The Best of Edward Abbey."  I was prepared for a great flight.  I had two great books, a movie on my computer.  My goal was to find my seat, get my computer and books out, get comfy, and order a cold expensive beer when the cart came around. 

I ended sitting by two unattended children.  When they came on board and sat down next to me...  I immediately put on my grumpy mean old lady face,

It didn't faze the little girl. 

Her brother was entertained by his iPad and the little girl would have been entertained by hers if she hadn't dropped it in the bathtub.  Her cell phone went through the wash.  She just chattered away. About visiting her mom in Atlanta and her baby brother who was mean to her and my grumpy mean old lady face eventually melted into quiet resignation.  I h…

To Answer Your Questions....

I wake up most mornings at 4:00 a.m. except when I am camping.  When I am camping I am up every couple of hours because I love the sound of the coyotes and the night noises.  So it always lulls me back to a dreamless sleep.

I was asked about the owl who resides in my rental house.  I have not gone back.  My son oversees the remodel because he will eventually move back. I told him that if she hasn't moved on to call the Bird Sanctuary so she be can be taken to a safer place.  I don't believe in human to animal reincarnation but it would be so wonderful if mom was that owl.  I think she would have fun being an owl.  Perhaps her spirit resided briefly in this small little bird just to check things out.   If so I feel she would be happy with the end result. 

It is going to be a year when mom crossed over.  I still mourn, the pain is still intense as the day she passed.  The only people who thinks there is a time limit for experiencing a loss such as this one are people who never…